- “Homosexuality is the most risky lifestyle one can lead. They are even saying that you have a better chance of surviving war combat than you do the homosexual lifestyle.” Um…what? First of all, ‘they’ are not saying that—you are. Second, that doesn’t even make sense. I’m pretty sure that a heroin-abusing, drag-racing, crimelord lives a far riskier lifestyle than Cam and Mitchell on Modern Family. And third, your examples of high murder and suicide rates in LGBT communities? Those aren’t just natural byproducts of being gay. Those statistics exist because of the actions of ignorant, hateful people like you.
- “The average single black woman has a male homosexual friend and doesn’t even see how he is the greatest obstacle in her quest to get married.” Kudos to Pastor Lewis for creativity here. Among all the endless theories I’ve heard about the Black marriage crisis, I’ve yet to hear anyone claim that Black women are disproportionately single because of our gay male friends. How exactly does that work? Does the gay BFF create an invisible forcefield around us?
- “Because homosexual men cannot be any kind of example to young boys, our young men are on a downward spiral.” Yep, that’s the reason why young Black men are struggling—not institutional inequality, not absent fathers, not a broken educational system, but because of the influence of gay men.
- “The average homosexual has over 100 sexual partners each year!” Wow! The average gay person rotates through a new sexual partner every 3 days? How do they have that much time on their hands? And where are they finding this endlessly fresh supply of sexual partners? Dude, do us all a favor and stop positing fake statistics in order to support your own bigoted thinking.
- “We always accept the thing that destroys us, and Obama’s homosexual agenda is the death of the black race and the death of us all if we do not stand against it.” Dun DUN DUN! Kudos again, sir. You managed to link both President Obama and gay people to the impending destruction of mankind.
Given that all 79 of the comments were wholeheartedly supportive of Lewis’ blog post, I’m going to wager a guest that the pastor filters out those pesky differences of opinion. Still, here are a few of the best comments in response to his post:
- “The commandment was to go, be fruitful and multiply. Same sexes can not be fruitful. Right there goes to show you that you are against the will of YAHWEH.” Obviously. It just goes to show that all those straight people who are unable to reproduce are also against the will of God.
- “It’s a shame that more and more African Americans are defending this lifstyle , and comparing it to slavery. I’m doing research on other countries because I’m leaving America for good and denouncing my citizenship ASAP!!!” Good plan, bro. Because there are no gay people in any other countries throughout the world.
- “The new trend now is skinny jeans which neither I nor my boys would ever wear nor entertain. It is just nasty to see these boys with spandex pants and to make it worst, they sag it too. No wonder homosexuality continues to rise. ”
Lil Wayne: turning your kids gay since 2011.